[imp] Problem applying patch

Peter Farrow peterf@3d-computers.co.uk
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:51:57 -0000

Dear Lisa,

I have the same address book problem and posted here to find an answer, no
one told mer there was even a patch, so if you have details of the patch let
me know and I'll see what I can find!

Regards

Peter Farrow
peterf@3d-computers.co.uk
Technical Director
3D computer Systems
01249 460766
01249 460583 (fax)

www.3d-computers.co.uk
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended
recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views
held by 3d Computer Systems Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Soto [mailto:lisa@sid.comtechnetworks.com]
Sent: 05 February 2002 18:04
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] Problem applying patch

Hello all,

I have installed Horde 2.0/Imp 3.0/Turba 1.0 on a Redhat 6.1 system running
secureweb.

Everything seems fine, except that I'm having a real problem applying the
patch to fix the "Already exists in your addressbook" problem.

I thought maybe I had to apply this patch before the one to link the
addressbook into the compose window, so I pulled out Turba, tried to install
the bug fix, and it's still giving me the same error message.

It's saying something about the stripping, and so I give it the name of the
file to patch (I'm in horde root directory, so I give it turba/lib/api.php)
and it asks about -R. Anyone have ideas on how to get around this? I'm still
getting problems adding to the addressbook from the message.

Here's the output:

[root@mail horde]# patch < patches/api.txt
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|===================================================================
|RCS file: /repository/turba/lib/api.php,v
|retrieving revision 1.14.2.3
|retrieving revision 1.14.2.4
|diff -p --unified=3 -r1.14.2.3 -r1.14.2.4
|--- api.php    2001/12/25 19:01:35     1.14.2.3
|+++ api.php    2002/01/03 17:37:02     1.14.2.4
File to patch: turba/lib/api.php
patching file `turba/lib/api.php'
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to turba/lib/api.php.rej
[root@mail horde]#

Thanks,

Lisa