[imp] horde/imp with web.de freemail

Dieter Rothacker dr-tech@web.de
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:20:27 +0100

Hi,

I have finished my installation of Horde/IMP/Turba/Kronolith some days ago,
and everything is working and looking pretty cool. However I noticed the
same problem Tristan had. IMP reports the number of messages but cannot
display the headers.

I found out that Mulberry has a problem with the imap.web.de server, too.
It reports the number of messages, and then spits out a "Could not search
mailbox. Function not implemented" error! So it is probably the fault of
the server, not of IMP neither Mulberry, I assume.

However, Eudora and Outlook Express both do not have any problems with that
strange server behaviour. Anybody any ideas?

Fyi, imap.web.de's capabilities are reported as:
* OK WEB.DE IMAP4-Server
0 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ UIDPLUS X-NETSCAPE
0 OK Completed

Regards,
--
Dieter Rothacker