Problems with Mac Attachments

Henry Blackman h.blackman@chester.ac.uk
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:19:40 -0000

Just to add to my woes, I'm having a real problem with Mac attachments in
IMP.

I recently attached some photographs using Entourage X and they were garbled
when they came out the other end.  Then using Apple Mail, they wouldn't work
at all (IE simply gave me a file not found error) when trying to download
them.

I'll attach an example, if someone can have a look I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Henry

>From jan@horde.org Date: Wed,  6 Feb 2002 11:43:00 +0100
> Just to add to my woes, I'm having a real problem with Mac attachments
> in
> IMP.
>
> I recently attached some photographs using Entourage X and they were
> garbled
> when they came out the other end.  Then using Apple Mail, they wouldn't
> work
> at all (IE simply gave me a file not found error) when trying to
> download
> them.
>
> I'll attach an example, if someone can have a look I'd appreciate it.

Did you try to send these files or download these files with imp? Sending
should be no problem, because all we do is base64 encode the attachment as
send by the browser and set the content type header as provided by the
browser. So if something goes wrong you should try another browser.

Jan.