[imp] change password for imp 3.0

Michael Geier mgeier@cdmsports.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:39:07 -0600

check that the poppassd server is functioning correctly.

#> telnet localhost 106
200 server.foo poppassd v1.6a hello, who are you?
user foo
200 your password please.
pass bar
200 your new password please.
newpass abcd
quit

if you can access and change a password from the CLI, then the problem is in
the installation of the passwd patch.

-----Original Message-----
From: harindra patel [mailto:harindra_patel@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 4:08 AM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] change password for imp 3.0

Sir,

We downloaded the passwd.tgz from
https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/test2/patches/public

We installed Poppassd server from
www.netwinsite.com/poppassd and followed its
instructions. We have following error while testing
the change passwd from the Web based mail.

Failure in changing password : 500 Invalid user or
password

the mail server is running with following:

redhat linux7.1
qmail-1.03
vpopmail-4.9.10
php-4.0.6
courier-imap-1.3.8.2
horde3.0

The permission in /usr/local/lib/php/poppassd.php is :
 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1862 Feb  6
14:44 poppassd.php

Kindly help us how to tackle this.

regards,

Hardik Pandya.