horde2.0/IMP 3.0 with pop3 auth failing

Golliher, Blake Blake.Golliher@netapp.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:04:31 -0800

HI!

	I'm very much a newbie for horde and imp, so pardon my ignorance.  I've untared horde and imp and followed the install docs on both.  I installed a pop3 server (vm-pop3d) and I'm able (with some luck and duct tape) to finally auth and pop my mail with any average old pop client.
	Now, I tried with imp, and I always get rejected with " you have typed in an incorrect password. ".  The log reports

Feb 11 14:52:18 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 198.95.226.224 (forwarded for [10.41.17.129]) to mail.mightygnu.org:110[pop3] as blakeg [on line 332 of "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

And I put

$default->servtype = 'pop3';
$default->port = '110';

In the default.php file as suggested by the faq, but it didn't seem to help.  Along with the other suggestion of using

$default->user_change_sertype = true;
$default->user_change_port = true;

but neither had any effect.  I mean to say, it didn't change the login screen at all.

Any other suggestions?

thanks a bunch!

Blake