[imp] sendmail config

Marc Fellman m.fellman@vitalogic.nl
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:26:13 +0100

Citeren youx <youx@free.fr>:

> Hi,
> I noticed that my sendmail is probably configured to execute every xxx
> minutes as the mails I send remain in the queue for a while befor being
> sent. What can I do to make mails send automatically when an user use the
> Send button ?
> Thanks
> Loic

Did you check the processe running when this happens? A message should be send
rightaway if you have sendmail. I sometimes see delays but they are mostly
caused by a slow mailserver on the other end. As root you should be able to see
 if sendmail is running for that message. This in combination with mailq could
give you a clue on what is happening.