[imp] Gratitude

Ramon Kagan rkagan@yorku.ca
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:21:36 -0500 (EST)

It's a weight balancing scheme.  User's are moved around by a weighted
least connection scheme. So for instance the machine running the database
gets a weight of 2 and the other two get a weight of 3, taking into
account the database transactions.  I've thought of changeing this to a
1,2,2 relation though.  Sometimes the database gets really busy.  I keep a
persistence cache for connection for the same time frame as the session
garbage collection of php.

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@yorku.ca