Dumb problems

Craig Burgess craig@CheetahUSA.net
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:15:49 -0800

May really a PHP question but -
Running FreeBSD on an Alpha (not i386). If I execute
'configure --with-imap' files are generated with CFLAGS -o2 which
is Not Good: it creates buggy code. Vanilla PHP3 installs, but
horde/test.php3 says no imap support. Changing the file test.php3
to test.php I discover:

  PHP Version
  PHP Version: 4.1.1
  PHP Major Version: 4
  PHP Minor Version: 1
  PHP Version Classification: release
  You are running a version of PHP4 older than 4.0.3.
  You need to upgrade to at least 4.0.3.

Seems like a peculiar upgrade suggestion. And I'd have to find all
of the .php3 files and rename them to use PHP4?

I can't get beyond
  'Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function
page_open() in
  /usr/local/http/data/horde/imp/mailbox.php3 on line 104'

============= using either test.php3 or test.php =====
PHPLIB Configuration
PHPLIB (is page_open() defined): No
=============

Where the heck is this defined??? I have obviously not looked
everywhere but am out of ideas. The FAQ (or /horde/imp/README)
could be clearer. The PHPLib files are living in
/usr/local/etc/apache/ and to both php.ini **and** php3.ini I have
added:
     include_path '.:/usr/local/etc/apache/:/usr/local/etc/'
     auto_prepend_file '/usr/local/etc/apache/prepend.php3'

These questions may have all been answered before but I haven't
been able to solve the problems myself via the FAQ or list
archives.

Thanks,

craig