More problems...

Nuno Branco branco@syners.org
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 04:41:18 -0000

I decided to leave the POP left alone and use only IMAP.
At first, it worked. I could login and see my messages.

Then i asked a friend to check her e-mail but she couldn't (she has a =
DIAL UP), whenever the 'maintenance' screen shows up in her way to the =
INBOX the server waited about a minute and then would give an error and =
stop loading the pages.

After disabling all the 'maintenance' mechanism the same happened, even =
with me. I couldn't get into my INBOX either.

Unsual activity in the logs, only this:
Feb 16 04:35:42 syners imapd[9154]: Authenticated user=3Dusername =
host=3Dhostname [127.0.0.1]
Feb 16 04:35:43 syners imapd[9154]: Logout user=3Dusername =
host=3Dhostname [127.0.0.1]

I get this 2 messages repeated maybe hundreds of time... let's say, 30 =
times for each login.
I don't know if it's normal.

I saw the FAQ and there was something about TIMEOUTS and i did what i =
was told.
i locked the MAIL DIR and it's set to mail/ wich it worked for me (not =
her) before locking the 'maintenance' options.

If anyone can help i would apreciate it,
Thanks,
Nuno Branco