[imp] IMP & Preferences - Can they be changed on the "fly"

John johnj@ourmailsite.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:50:19 -0700

Thanks Jon for your quick response.  I appreciate that.

At 03:24 PM 2/16/2002, you wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 03:08:25PM -0700, John wrote:
>
> > I have the site setup to log in via IMP.  With this in mind, is it
> possible
> > to control these pref's after user login?
>
>You can change them quite easily from within IMP by calling
>$prefs->setValue('pref_name', 'new_value').

Okay, let's say my default preference on "from_addr" is:

$_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
     'value' => '',
     'locked' => true,
     'shared' => true,
     'type' => 'implicit'
);

Would that be simply:
$prefs->setValue('from_addr', 'array(
     'value' => '',
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => true,
     'type' => 'implicit'
)'
);

Changing locked from true to false?  Or do I have too much listed there?