Disabling only the initial display of Maintenance Operations screen

Max Spicer m.spicer@csl.gov.uk
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:03:10 -0000

I know that it is possible to disable the maintenance operations
screen in Imp 3.0 by locking the appropriate options to false in
prefs.php.  However, this also prevents the user from ever enabling
maintenance operations in the future (without an admin change to the
prefs.php file).

I think it is inappropriate for a new imp user to be confronted with
a potentially confusing maintenance screen the first time they use
imp.  However, as they get more used to imp, they should be able to
turn on the various maintenance options via the Options link in imp.
I therefore want to disable the Maintenance Operations screen, but
not the actual configuration of the maintenance operations.  Is there
any way to do this at present?

Thanks,

Max Spicer

Max Spicer				Phone:	+44 (0)1904 462286
Systems Development Engineer/IST	GTN:	5129
Central Science Laboratory		Fax:	+44 (0)1904 462111
Sand Hutton				Email:	m.spicer@csl.gov.uk
York YO41 1LZ				Web:	http://www.csl.gov.uk

Disclaimer
The information contained in this message may include privileged,
proprietary or confidential information. Please treat it with the
same
respect that you would expect for your own information.  If you have
received it in error, we apologise, and ask that you contact the CSL
sender immediately and erase it from your computer. Thank you for
your
co-operation.

Further information on confidentiality of our communications, can be
found at http://www.csl.gov.uk/email.htm