blacklist duplicates

Eric J Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:57:18 -0600

My user's are smart enough to see the "blacklist" item for the messages,
and try to use it.  However, some of them are not smart enough to know
to go into options and enable filter execution.  However, I'll fix that
myself with some messages and education.  The real issue is, since they
have not enabled filter execution, the blacklisted items keep showing up,
so the user will then add (blacklist) them again.  It seems blacklist
doesn't check for duplicates, and will happily add the same addresses to
the blacklist over and over again.  Is anyone willing to look at the blacklist
code and see if it can be modified to trigger an alert when a duplicate
is entered, rather than entering it again???  I don't have time, but I
think this would be a good thing and hope someone else will look at it
(while I try to work on the fetchmail stuff).

Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712-1081

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:	   eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

"I like driving around with my two cats, especially on the
freeway.  I make them wear little hats so that I can use the
carpool lane.  Way too much time on your hands too?  Call me.
SWF, 42, 5'10", brown/blue."  -- from the book "Plain Fat
Chick Seeks Guy Who Likes Broccoli" (Gibbs Smith)