Problem loging into imp (new install)

robert sand rsand@d.umn.edu
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:41:53 -0600

I've asked this on the horde list but with little success.

I have a new installation of horde/imp/turba.  All tests show that php, imap,
and mysql are functioning as they should.  The horde test.php does not show any
problems and the session indicator increases.

When I try to log into imp I either get a message that says my session has
expired and I should log in again or I get no message and an empty login page again.

I can log into the server (Redhat Linux 7.2) and I can read email on the server
and off the server using netscape imap client.  I do not get any messages in the
tmp/horde.log file but I do seem to getr a lot of files in /tmp that start with
sess_ .  The number of these files increase every time I try to log in.  I do
not see any error messages in /var/log/messages.  I am getting this message in
the webserver errorlog every time I try to log in:

[Fri Feb 22 10:30:12 2002] [notice] child pid 11089 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand@d.umn.edu

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
  Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.