mailto: opening IMP

Kevin Metzger kevin@pmimail.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:16:54 -0500 (EST)

In searching the archives, I found my question asked and the answer was some
custom code.  Anyone developed this?

below is the origional post:

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 08:33:49AM +0200, Peter Fransson wrote:

> We use Microsoft Internet Explorer and I want to set the filetype
> "mailto:" to point on the IMP webmail, compose screen.
>
> Example.
> 1. The user click on a mail address on the web.
> 2. The IMP webmail should popup and show the login screen.
> 3. After logon I want the IMP bringing up the compose screen and the To:
field is \
> filled with the address user clicked on.
> Can this be done in some ways? I know how to change the file type
> (mailto:) in windows but need to know how to give IMP the right
> commands.

I really don't see how that would be possible without writing a local
client wrapper that intercepted the mailto: call and started a new
IMP session in another browser instance.

Kevin Metzger            direct mobile: 614.378.6396   desk: 800.777.3574x2686
Systems Administrator                                        614.839.0740  fax
Progressive Medical, Inc.                                    kevin@pmimail.com