[imp] unwanted backslashes surrounding a users name.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:20:33 -0500

Quoting "McDermott, Robert C" <rmcdermo@fhcrc.org>:

> I am running IMP 3.0, Horde 2.0, Turba, with PHP 4.0.6, MySQL 3.23, recent
> PEAR on RedHat 7.2.
>
> I noticed sometimes if I use the address book to send a message, or expand
> names from the address book it, I end up with the name surrounded by
> backslashes. like this:
>
> 	\"Bill Gates W.\" <billg@megasoft.com>

Do you have magic_quotes_gpc On AND register_globals On? Which exact options
produce this - Expand Names? Or only when you've spell checked? That one should
be fixed in HEAD CVS; hopefully it'll be in RELENG soon.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity