How to disable user setting From:? Was: [imp] wvHtml problem

Jie Gao J.Gao@isu.usyd.edu.au
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:58:20 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Jan Schneider wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed IMP 3.0 with msword viewer. I've defined upload
> > directory in /usr/local/lib/php.ini php to be '/tmp', and in
> > horde.php defined $conf['tmpdir'] = '/tmp';
> >
> > wvHtml generates png files in /tmp as well, but the viewer
> > looks for images in the ..../horde/imp directory, i.e., the
> > documentroot. How do I get around this problem?
>
> There was a (somehow insecure) patch for that posted on the mailing list.
> Search the archives.

Thank you very much! I am not too worried about security in this, as
I'll will be deleting images in there fairly regularly.

I have another question:

How do I disable the function of user setting the From: header?
There used to be a setting to disable it, but it appears not to be
there in v3.0 anymore. We can't allow any opportunity for anyone
to forge mail. Certainly we can find out who does it, but doing
just that requires a lot of resources.

Regards,

Jie