Bug creating sent mail folder

Jeff Tucker jefft@wciatl.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:03:50 -0500

Hello,

I'm having a problem when creating a new sent mail folder as I'm creating
an identity.

My IMAP server is Courier IMAP. I have my folders set to '' and namespace =
'INBOX.'. This has worked fine for everything until now. I'm using HEAD but
it has been a week or so since I synced with cvs.

Here are the steps I followed:
1. Create a new identity. While creating that identity, use its option to
create a new sent mail folder. Call it Sent-Test
2. IMP (Courier) creates a folder .Sent-Test inside my normal mail
directory. This is fine and consistent with how all my other folders are
stored. IMP notifies me that the folder has been created.
3. Now I compose and send a message with the new identity. IMP notifies me
again that a folder has been created.
4. Now, when I go look, I see a directory called ".INBOX.Sent-Test". IMP
has apparently requested the folder INBOX.Sent-Test be created.

I suspect that the auto-creation code in the identity options isn't
stripping the namespace correctly or something when it stores the sent mail
folder in the user's preferences. So, when the user actually sends an
email, IMP thinks the folder needs to be created and does so.

Am I off base here?

Jeff

--
Jeff Tucker