[imp] Address Book feature

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:31:27 +0100

Zitat von Eric J Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
>
> > Quoting Barry Flanagan <barryf-imp@digiserve.ie>:
> > >
> > > I vote for Mike's addressbook patch to be made official.
> >
> > Then you are volunteering to clean up that patch so that it doesn't
> break the
> > abstraction maintained between Horde applications. This will involve,
> at
> > least,
> > a standard way for Horde apps to talk to each other via javascript.
>
> Chuck, can you clarify that or point to some docs on this?  Not sure
> what all that means...

The Horde apps don't know about each other directly. Each app know about
services that are provided by any other Horde app. These services are
defined in config/registry.php and implemented and the application's
lib/api.php.

So it's possible, that one can have another addressbook application than
Turba but all interaction to IMP still works if this other application has
the API as defined in registry.php.

We currently only have interactions based on links and function calls.
Mike's patch is based on javascript and works only with Turba. If this
shall be used in the main code, someone has to think about how this
interaction can be handled based on an api, perhaps with callback handlers
or whatever.

Jan.