[imp] allow guests in IMP

Mathieu CLABAUT mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:45:26 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Mathieu CLABAUT <mathieu.clabaut@free.fr>:
> >   In today HEAD CVS, it seems that teh registry option allow_guests is
> >   not anymore permitted for IMP.
> IMP doesn't work with allow_guests on, and never has. It requires a user to be
> logged in for it to make sense.

 Yes, of course, it doesn't make sense.
 I certainly should have talk about Horde allowing guest.

 The fact are that in a config were :
  - Horde is responsible of Horde Auth (not IMP)
  - Horde allow guests

 I can't access to IMP login page without being logged as a regular
 user. Each time I click on the mail icon, I'm redirected to *Horde*
 login page whereas I was looking forward to be redirected to *IMP*
 login page.

 Which is indeed what does the end of imp/lib/base.php code (as I
 understand it) :

if (!(Auth::getAuth() || (Auth::getProvider() == 'imp'))) {
    header('Location: ' . Horde::url($registry->getParam('webroot', 'horde') . '/login.php?url=' . urlencode(Horde::selfUrl()), true));
      echo "\n";
      exit;
   }

 Horde allowing guest, I would have expected an IMP's login page
 redirection. (I suspect a misconfiguration which prevent Horde's
 allow_guests parameter to be taken into accounts).

 Thanks for any (non urgent) help...

-mat

Mathieu CLABAUT                            mailto:mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
DIGINEXT                                     http://mathieu.clabaut.free.fr
45, impasse de la draille, P.A. La Duranne,   tel: 04 42 90 82 91
13857 Aix En Provence - cedex 3               fax: 04 42 90 82 80