[imp] Login problem narrowed down.

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:40:45 -0800

You should see something in the imapd.log or one of the server logs.  This
server does have imapd and it is either running as a daemon or with inetd/xinetd
right?  If it is running as a daemon you have checked that it is running with
netstat -a.

The configuration that you have works for me by just changing the dn.

ed

Quoting robert sand <rsand@d.umn.edu>:

| Sorry no this does not work.  What is needed is some way for me to know why I
|
| can not login.  I do not get any error messages at all.
|
| Edwin Culp wrote:
|
| > Quoting robert sand <rsand@d.umn.edu>:
| >
| > | I just finished installing php 4.1.2 and horde on a new server.  Instead
| of
| > |
| > | adding imp right away I wanted to check to see if I could login just
| with
| > | horde
| > | and no other apps.
| > |
| > | I have c-client 2001a configured to use pams on redhat linux 7.2.  I
| can
| > | connect
| > | and read mail using a regular imap client so I know that imapd is working
|
| > | correctly but when I try to log into horde I nothing happens and there
| are no
| > |
| > | errors in horde.log (there isn't a /tmp/horde.log even though it is
| turned
| > | on).
| > |
| > | This is what I have in horde.php
| > |
| > Robert,
| >
| > | $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
| > $conf['auth']['params'] = array();
| > | $conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{imp2.d.umn.edu/imap:143}INBOX';
| > it works fine for me with the $conf['auth']['params'] = array() line
| > that I'm sure that you have.  The only difference is that I have to
| > login to imp twice.
| >
| > ed

| > |
| > | There doesn't seem to be any information as to how this second line is
| > | supposed
| > | to be set up except for the example.  I want to authenticate using imap
| > | rather
| > | than using mysql.
| > |
| > | Any help would be appreciated
| > |
| > | P.S.  I had tried on the last install to use imp but I thought if I could
| get
| > |
| > | the auth problem figured out fist then imp would be a breeze.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Robert Sand.
| > | mailto:rsand@d.umn.edu
| > | University of Minnesota, Duluth
| > | Information Technology Systems and Services
| > | 144 MWAH
| > | 218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674
| > |
| > | "Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
| > |   Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > |