[imp] Bug creating sent mail folder

Brad Hazledine brad.hazledine@caledoncard.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:37:22 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Then INBOX. is _somewhere_ in your configuration - servers.php, prefs.php,
> something. Or already in the preferences backend and not getting overridden by
> the files.
>
> -chuck

Ok. Found something. When you select "When deleting messages move them to
your trash folder instead of marking them as deleted" and you do not
select a folder or create a new one, it creates a trash folder in your
home directory. Therefore, when you go to get something out of the trash
that is in your /mail directory it is not there.

What happens is if you go in to options, create a new trash folder, click
on save options and log out then you come back in, click on options,
choose "When deleting messages move them to your trash folder instead of
marking them as deleted", click on save options and then you delete
something, it will automatically put it in your home directory and ignore
the previously created trash folder because you did not select it
again when modifying your options the second time. The user knows that
they have created a trash folder so they do not select that option again
when choosing to move their mail. Then, of course, they go to retrieve
something, cannot find it, and subsequently pick up the phone and dump all
over me.

Hope the run on sentences have made some sense. I do see, however, how
this could be confusing to users.

Brad

Date: Fri,  1 Mar 2002 16:07:06 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Navigation bar

Quoting Ramon Kagan <rkagan@yorku.ca>:

> I have the same problem, but I don't use CVS.  Any way I can get the
> patch?

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/templates/mailbox/navbar.inc?
r1=2.33.2.1&r2=2.33.2.2&ty=u

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity