[imp] urgent! session expired issue

kengheng kengheng@maxis.net.my
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 12:08:28 +0800

I found that the the session_name($GLOBALS['conf']['session_name']); is not
working in horde/lib/Registry.php, I have to manually set the
session_name('XXXX'), then it is working. Is it the $GLOBALS is not
functionning?

thanks,
khchan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck@horde.org>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] urgent! session expired issue

Date: Fri,  1 Mar 2002 23:49:55 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] imap_utf7 calls and Exchange server

Quoting Robert Marchand <robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA>:

> Why so? As Metee Khanongnuch answered Exchange use Unicode and others use
> ascii but UTF7 is supposed to be an encoding for Unicode not for
> ascii.  Maybe Microsoft is right this time.  I would prefer for IMP to
> handle this.  The only thing that bothers me with my solution is to hard
> code "ISO-8859-1".  I tried with "auto" but it doesn't work.  Does IMP keep
> the actual incoding somewhere?

IMAP uses a modified UTF-7 encoding, not UTF-7 itself. The relevant section of
the RFC is below. The important bit seems to be "All names start in US-ASCII,
and MUST end in US-ASCII".

By the actual encoding, you mean the encoding map? Or the encoded name itself?

>From RFC2060:
5.1.3.  Mailbox International Naming Convention

   By convention, international mailbox names are specified using a
   modified version of the UTF-7 encoding described in [UTF-7].  The
   purpose of these modifications is to correct the following problems
   with UTF-7:

      1) UTF-7 uses the "+" character for shifting; this conflicts with
         the common use of "+" in mailbox names, in particular USENET
         newsgroup names.

      2) UTF-7's encoding is BASE64 which uses the "/" character; this
         conflicts with the use of "/" as a popular hierarchy delimiter.

      3) UTF-7 prohibits the unencoded usage of "\"; this conflicts with
         the use of "\" as a popular hierarchy delimiter.

      4) UTF-7 prohibits the unencoded usage of "~"; this conflicts with
         the use of "~" in some servers as a home directory indicator.

      5) UTF-7 permits multiple alternate forms to represent the same
         string; in particular, printable US-ASCII chararacters can be
         represented in encoded form.

   In modified UTF-7, printable US-ASCII characters except for "&"
   represent themselves; that is, characters with octet values 0x20-0x25
   and 0x27-0x7e.  The character "&" (0x26) is represented by the two-
   octet sequence "&-".

   All other characters (octet values 0x00-0x1f, 0x7f-0xff, and all
   Unicode 16-bit octets) are represented in modified BASE64, with a
   further modification from [UTF-7] that "," is used instead of "/".
   Modified BASE64 MUST NOT be used to represent any printing US-ASCII
   character which can represent itself.

   "&" is used to shift to modified BASE64 and "-" to shift back to US-
   ASCII.  All names start in US-ASCII, and MUST end in US-ASCII (that
   is, a name that ends with a Unicode 16-bit octet MUST end with a "-
   ").

      For example, here is a mailbox name which mixes English, Japanese,
      and Chinese text: ~peter/mail/&ZeVnLIqe-/&U,BTFw-

-chuck

Date: Sat,  2 Mar 2002 00:04:05 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] "Parts" in IMP 3.0

Quoting Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:

> Is there in IMP 3.0 a way to obtain the same behaviour of the following
> IMP 2.2 option?
>
>      $default->inline_in_parts_list = true;

Not currently.

> I don't like the current "Parts" behaviour. Either it should show ALL
> parts or it should be named "Not shown parts".
>
> Personally, I prefer that it shows the list of all the parts of the
> message, so the user can have a clear "picture" of the structure of the
> message.

I think we should be able to come up with something intuitive and good for
this; I don't really want to make it configurable. I'm willing to tweak the way
it works, though. Does anyone agree with Federico? Any other opinions?

-chuck