[imp] Folder Navigator and Preferences

Robin McMillon adele@uts.cc.utexas.edu
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:15:39 -0600 (CST)

I got the same error when I first set up the mysql preferences tables.
The problem is that the mysql_create script only puts an entry for user
horde@localhost into the "user" table.  As you can see from your error
message

>                   string(95) " [nativecode=Access denied for user:
> 'horde@myhost.com' (Using password: YES)] **

horde is trying to connect as horde@myhost.com

The solution is to manually add another entry for user horde to the "user"
table as follows:

REPLACE INTO user (host, user, password)
    VALUES (
        'myhost.com',
        'horde',
  -- IMPORTANT: Change this password!
        password('horde')
    );

REPLACE INTO db (host, db, user, select_priv, insert_priv, update_priv,
                 delete_priv, create_priv, drop_priv)
    VALUES (
        'myhost.com',
        'horde',
        'horde',
        'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y',
        'Y', 'Y'
    );

(this is just a slight modification of the appropriate lines from the
mysql_create.sql script)

Also don't forget to

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

when you're finished.  If you connect to the database from multiple
machines using horde (I have the database on one machine and imp/horde on
two others) you need to make sure you add an entry for user
horde@<machine_name> for each machine name you might connect from.

Robin McMillon

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:

> Hi Jan,
> thanks for replying.
>
> I forgot to include in my previous emails this:
> - I have readed all the INSTALL files(yes, I do :-))
> - I have correctly configured mysql, the user/passwd works(manually tested)
> - I have installed PEAR
> - I installed the latest update of php-4.0.6-12 for RH7.2(maybe this is
> the problem)
>
> Then, when I enabled this lines in /horde/config/horde.php
> $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
> $conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
> $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'Ml8u';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';
>
> I get this error:
> object(db_error)(7) {
>                   ["error_message_prefix"]=>
>                   string(0) ""
>                   ["mode"]=>
>                   int(1)
>                   ["level"]=>
>                   int(1024)
>                   ["code"]=>
>                   int(-24)
>                   ["message"]=>
>                   string(24) "DB Error: connect failed"
>                   ["userinfo"]=>
>                   string(95) " [nativecode=Access denied for user:
> 'horde@myhost.com' (Using password: YES)] **
>                 Array"
>                   ["callback"]=>
>                   NULL
>                 }
>                 [/var/www/html/mail/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php : 102]
>

> Anyone knows what this error codes are?
>
> I'm searching in google.com too. As soon I find the answer I will post
> it here
>
> Thanks
> Oliver
>

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> >Zitat von "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver@samera.com.py>:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>I just installed IMP 3.0 Horde 2.0 and PEAR 4.1.0
> >>
> >>When I was on IMP 2.2 I saw screenshot of IMP in CVS that have
> >>a "Folder Navigator"(don't know the name) at the left where you can
> >>see all your IMAP folders.
> >>
> >>I also noted that there is no "Preference" link for the user to edit
> >>their Name,
> >>Signature, etc
> >>
> >>How can I enable the "Folder navigator" and the Preference link?
> >>
> >>Sorry is this is a common question, but could not find the answer in the
> >>or this mailling list archive
> >>

> >Then you should look at the install instructions (docs/INSTALL)!
> >Folders are not available with pop3 servers and preference are only
> >available after you setup a preference backend.

> [...]

Robin McMillon
r.mcmillon@cc.utexas.edu