[imp] imap_utf7 calls and Exchange server

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:39:43 -0500

Hi,

I'm afraid you're right! What is missing is a real Unicode encode/decode
function.
Even with that, there would be a problem of continuity with the previous
version.
The decoding function would be compatible but with the encoding function
how do we
know the imap server will use Unicode or not? In my case I will probably
add a flag to
the server description.  I think the best for now is an optional
patch.  I'll post mine when it
is ready.  For now we are yet to decide if our IMP service should or not
support the new
Exchange server because we also promote Oultook Web Access.

Thanks.