problems with folder creation

Marcelo Maraboli marcelo.maraboli@dcsc.utfsm.cl
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:03:09 -0300

Hello.

After surfing the archives and fighting with the Cyrus configuration,
I managed to create a subfolder via IMP-3.0, but.....

in the dialog box I have to put "INBOX.newname"  (newname = new folder)
or else IMP says...

The folder "foo" was not created. This is what the server said:
Permission denied

I have this in my configs...

conf.php
// Should we allow users to use folders at all? NOTE: setting this to
// false will mean there is no place to save sent-mail or postponed
// messages, along with the obvious affects of restricting the user to
// their INBOX.
$conf['user']['allow_folders'] = true;

servers.php:
$servers['cyrus'] = array(
    'name' => 'Cyrus IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
    'maildomain' => 'alumnos.utfsm.cl',
    'realm' => 'alumnos.utfsm.cl',
    'preferred' => 'true'
);

I tried changing the value of "folders" to "INBOX.", but it doesn´t seem
to work...

any ideas ??

thanks.

--
Marcelo Maraboli Rosselott
Ingeniero Civil Electronico		         Jefe Area de Redes

       Direccion Central de Servicios Computacionales (DCSC)
         Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria, Chile.
mailto:marcelo.maraboli@dcsc.utfsm.cl	http://elqui.dcsc.utfsm.cl/