Fw: [imp] Question about shared memory vs. MySQL for active_sessions on Solaris 8 for 2.2.7 and 3.x

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:07:28 -0600

> A couple of questions stemming from this information.

> 1. What is the size for a single user signon in shared memory.  (Or, how
> many users do you have and what is your shm_size?)

> 2. How to manage the information that is stored in shm?  Is there any way
> that I can access the data stored in shm in the event of a problem? Does
an
> apache restart purge all current sessions?

Anyone have answers / comments about these questions?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

active_sessions on Solaris 8 for 2.2.7 and 3.x

> > A couple of questions stemming from this information.
> >
> > 1. What is the size for a single user signon in shared memory.  (Or, how
> > many users do you have and what is your shm_size?)
>
>  No idea. I only know that at some stage, I had to increase it from
>  64000 to 128000, and I haven't seen any problems since. The imap server
>  logs around 1k accesses per day from imp. (we're a small site, and imp
>  is used by people traveling, or by people working in labs on shared
PC's).

From: alton.yu@shocknetwork.com
Date: Fri,  8 Mar 2002 11:27:15 +0800
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: cvs - doesn't seem to work ...

when I run cvs -d I get ...

[root@wilma horde]# cvs -d :pserver:cvsread@anoncvs.horde.org:/repository login
Logging in to :pserver:cvsread@anoncvs.horde.org:2401/repository
CVS password:
cvs login: failed to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting

I could use the horde-rsync.sh script and it will download a bunch of stuff

and then I run
cvs checkout  horde, imp, and turba
and then cvs update  horde, imp, and turba and then cvs commit for all of them..

and it doesn't seem to update...

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!