[imp] next stable ?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:13:27 -0600

Quoting paragg@konark.ncst.ernet.in:

> I agree with you. The address book feature of IMP 2.x.x is far better
> than the address book feature of IMP 3.x . That's the reason we haven't yet
> migrated from IMP 2.2.7 to IMP 3.

The Turba addressbook is much better than the IMP 2.x addressbook.  It is
the interface from IMP to Turba that isn't yet well developed.  Why not
help to fix this if it is of concern to you?

> Another weakness of IMP 3 address book is that one cannot view all the
> entries in the address book and then select only those addresses which one
> wants. Instead one has to remember names of people and then search, which
> is not very intuitive.

This is not true.  One can easily view all the entries in Turba, and select
the ones that are desired.  See the faq for info.

> Regards,
> Parag.

Turba is sweet.  IMP 3.x is sweet.  Upgrade.  If you need a convenient way
to call Turba from the compose window, use the unofficial patch which
provides this function (via javascript).   See the mail archives for more
info about this patch, which is available (I believe) from the main IMP 3
page at www.horde.org.

--
Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:     eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Fragen Sie nicht was Ihre Kumputer tun koennen,
aber fragen Sie was Sie fur Ihre Kumputer koennen.