[imp] Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Active Directory ... it is working !

Frédéric THIEL fthiel@lynx-technologies.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:48:00 +0100

Christophe,

So I will take my config.status and explain my choices :

php-4.1.1 :
#
./configure  --with-imap --with-ldap --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-ge
ttext --with-apxs=/opt/apache/bin/
apxs --with-openssl=/usr/src/openssl-0.9.6c
For "imap" I use Mandrake RPM (imap-2000c & imap-devel-200c), for "ldap" I
use openldap-2.0.23 default install, for gettext the default RPM installed
by Mandrake (0.10.39)

apache-1.3.23
# ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache --enable-modue=so --enable-module=ssl
With mod_ssl 2.8.7 and openssl 0.9.6c default install.

Then for the rest I had a big problem accessing in "anonymous" mode (without
binding to specific user) the Active Directory, and especially the users
inside the "Users" tree. So I had 2 options : the first one was to make the
trees readable to the "everyone" group, the other one was to bind the ldap
connection to the current user logged in horde/imp/turba. The problem is
that users logging in horde use their short name and not their
"displayName", and Active Directory sorts "Users" tree with this. I did not
find a trick to pass to the $bind_dn in horde/turba/config/sources.php the
correct current user identity, so I created a user, a kind of Anonymous LDAP
User, and I bind to this user in turba.

I do not know if this is enough for you, do not hesitate to ask more :)