[imp] does IMP decode MIME multipart E-mails ?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:43:18 -0600

Quoting Henry Blackman <h.blackman@chester.ac.uk>:

> > For example, if I put my mouse on the lkeft arrow, after several
> > seconds the message "previous page" appear. Here it is OK. But if I do
> > the same thing on the right arrow somethins like "=something.gif
> > alt='next page'><" is displayed.

This appears to be a bug in the RELENG_3 branch, or a merge/patch
failure in the CVS update to it.  Not sure which yet.  (Haven't had
time to look).

> So, there is a problem in the format
> > of the HTML tag, or in the way the page is constructed by IMP code or
> > PHP (I have the last stable release version of php: 4.1.x).

IMP Code, or CVS merge/patch.

> > I think that normally, the code which should be is something like "<a
> > href=something.gif alt='next page'></a>"

Change imp/mailbox.php around line 500 somewhere, to read:

        if ($browser->hasFeature('images')) {
            $pages_next = Horde::link($next_url, _("Next Page"), 'widget');
            $pages_next .= Horde::img('next.gif', 'alt="' . _("Next Page") .
'"');
            $pages_next .= '</a>';
            $pages_last = Horde::link($last_url, _("Last Page"), 'widget');
            $pages_last .= Horde::img('last.gif', 'alt="' . _("Last Page") .
'"');
            $pages_last .= '</a>';
        } else {

I think the key was in the 3rd line the ending part:

. '"'

was missing.

> Assuming you are using IMP3, I am unable to replicate that here with the
> tarballs.  Are you using tarballs or CVS?
>
> Henry

CVS RELENG_3 since the last couple days is the only place I've seen this.

--
Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:     eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Fragen Sie nicht was Ihre Kumputer tun koennen,
aber fragen Sie was Sie fur Ihre Kumputer koennen.