[imp] receiving mail

Christopher Thompson christ@acedsl.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:41:02 -0500

Destro,

this is a sendmail configuring issue. you need to set it up to be able to
receieve from the outside

-----Original Message-----
From: destr0 [mailto:joellist@litriusgroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:16 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] receiving mail

I'm confused on the concept of recieving mail.

I have two machines set up as my little test domain.

I one host set up as mail.mydomain.com / wich runs imp

and one set up as destro.mydomain.com /

if I login to imp on mail.mydomain.com I can check my mail, and send mail to
my test address and imp will pick up the message.

if I try to use kmail on destro.mydomain.com to send a message to  "a
user"@mail.mydomain.com, imp doesn't pick the message up.

As far as I can tell it's becuase when I send mail from the machine I have
imp running on, it runs through the local host, so it routes properly, but
when I send mail from the other machine, sendmail doesn't pick it up.

What do I have to set in sendmail for it to recieve mail from other
machines?