qetquotaroot? not in PHP?

John McCoy, Jr. jmccoy@mills.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:41:08 -0800

Getting in over my head but still treading some water so her it goes.

In researching this problem I know that my IMAP server (Courier-1.3.4)
supports this functionality. Courier is also the "preferred" IMAP server
for IMP. But Courier-IMAP has no c-client library so the one from
UW-IMAP 2000+ must be used (I used 2001a). From telnet tests I can only
figure out the syntax for getquotaroot but not getquota.

* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.
. login teststud password
. OK LOGIN Ok.
. getquotaroot INBOX
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX" "ROOT"
* QUOTA "ROOT" (STORAGE 37 97657 MESSAGE 18 10000)
. OK GETQUOTAROOT Ok.
. getquotaroot ROOT
. NO Invalid mailbox
. getquota
. BAD GETQUOTA No such Quota Root.
. getquota user.teststud
. BAD GETQUOTA No such Quota Root.
. getquota user.teststud ROOT
. BAD GETQUOTA No such Quota Root.
. getquota ROOT user.teststud
. BAD GETQUOTA No such Quota Root.

On the PHP site I found:

User Contributed Notes
imap_get_quota
pg@finesse-net.de
26-Feb-2002 06:06

It is better to replace "imap_getquota()" with
"imap_getquotaroot()" in php_imap.c, because the latter is
usable by the user so no need to create a mailbox admin user.

Pascal

I can tell that my php_imap.c only has imap_getquota()

How is this to work then? What combination have others used to make this
work? Thanks for any help in this.

Also from imp/config/conf.php

$quota = @imap_get_quota($stream, 'ROOT');
shouldn't this be: