Addressbook features in Imp 3.1

Nicholas Fone nmfon@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:03:47 +1100

Hello folks,

Just wondering what address book features Imp 3.1 supports. Most
importantly, does it support organising email addresses into groups?

Does the address book support the following (examples are included just in
case I don't explain things too well):

1. Aliases for address book entries
Example ---> joe could be the alias for joe_bloggs@yahoo.com

2. Groups of email addresses
Example ---> group name: simpsons; email addresses: bart@yahoo.com,
homer@yahoo.com, lisa@yahoo.com, etc.

3. Aliases as entries in a group
Example ---> group name: simpsons; email addresses/aliases: bart, homer,
lisa, etc. (This assumes that bart, homer and lisa are already in the
address book.)

Any replies would be greatly apprecaited. I'm currently evaluating Imp for
use as the web-mail client for our community organisation. A good address
book is essential for us to send our newsletters, updates, etc.

I hope Imp can do (3) because I like the look of Imp at lot. It certainly
meets our needs in every other way. If these features aren't supported yet,
I hope my ideas will help.

Cheers,

Nicholas Fone
CERES Community Environment Park
Brunswick East
Melbourne
Australia

P.S. Please excuse me if this question has already been answered. I had a
quick look in the mailing list archives, but couldn't spot anything
relevent.