[imp] "Parts" in IMP 3.0

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:08:09 +0100

Zitat von Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:

> Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> >
> > Quoting Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:
> >
> > > Is there in IMP 3.0 a way to obtain the same behaviour of the
> following
> > > IMP 2.2 option?
> > >
> > >      $default->inline_in_parts_list = true;
> >
> > Not currently.
> >
> > > I don't like the current "Parts" behaviour. Either it should show
> ALL
> > > parts or it should be named "Not shown parts".
> > >
> > > Personally, I prefer that it shows the list of all the parts of the
> > > message, so the user can have a clear "picture" of the structure of
> the
> > > message.
> >
> > I think we should be able to come up with something intuitive and good
> for
> > this; I don't really want to make it configurable. I'm willing to tweak
> the way
> > it works, though. Does anyone agree with Federico? Any other opinions?
>
> Still no decision on this subject?

The more translation files I get as inline text attachments, the more I
have to agree. :-)

A complete part list would be nice, especially if the part names are jump
links to the lines where the attachments actually begin.

On the other hand, if you get digest messages from time to time you'll have
to scroll a few pages down until you can start reading the actual message.

Hm, I have no good idea who to solve this problem.

Jan.