Updated passwd module (and other news)

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:18:20 -0600

Quoting vf5@cad.gatech.edu:

> So if I wanted to be able to allow my front-end
> to operate on vacation, forward, and password information
> using the realm value, what fixes would I need?

First, while the old url to my patches still works, I've aliased
it to a simpler url of https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/ which
I'm sure everyone will like a bit better ;)

I've just released a new (only slightly tested) version of the passwd
module which attempts to deal with realms.  It can be found at:
https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/passwd/

The old version is still available at:
https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/passwd/old/

Anyone who wants to support multiple realms (or virtual hosts) should
try out the new version.  Let me know if there are any problems, etc.
Also comments on the documentation would be appreciated.

If I get positive feedback, then I'll change the vacation and forward
modules to match...

The other big change to the passwd module is the removal of the "admin"
user support.  Since this was of little to no value anyway, and since
the admins array was removed from Horde 2.1, I've just removed the code.
If anyone actually wants that functionality, let me know and I'll consider
adding it back in.

--
Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:     eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Fragen Sie nicht was Ihre Kumputer tun koennen,
aber fragen Sie was Sie fur Ihre Kumputer koennen.