[imp] Gettext 0.10.40 not working !

Dominique Dalponte dominique.dalponte@utbm.fr
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:07:46 +0100

hello

I use solaris  an imp/horde
I dont use gnu gettext but the solaris gettext (each time I wont to use the gnu
gettext I have a conflict whith the solaris gettext)

if you search "dalponte" in the mailling list of imp you find a survey of how to
you gettext(solaris) fonction on solaris-horde-imp

I use it to translate french language and all run ok

bye

Surlignage Robert Sink <sinkr@cbl.umces.edu>:

 For what its worth, I was able to get GNU Gettext support to work by
 following the model of the GNU utilities that offer the
 --with-included-gettext configure option.

 I _really_ wanted to utilize GNU's gettext functionality over
 Solaris's, so that was the driving impetus for me to attempt this
 approach.  This also saved me from having to go back to the install CD
 and add in all of the language support to a number of my machines.

 I can provide more detail, however look at how most of the GNU
 utilities implement the --with-included-gettext functionality.
 (They simply link each binary with the necessary libintl .o files..)

 This was, of course, on Solaris 8/SPARC.

 Maybe someone should put a bug in PHP developers about adding a
 similar set of functionality into their distribution?