[imp] alternative.gif - what is it?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:26:30 -0500

Quoting Terry Davis <tdavis@approbation.org>:

> What does the alternative.gif type mean?  It is not attached to a mime
> attachment....is it a differently formatted email?  Like html vs txt vs
> realtext ?

It corresponds to multipart/alternative messages (as opposed to
multipart/mixed, multipart/signed, etc.).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity

>From tdavis@approbation.org Date: 21 Mar 2002 15:31:17 -0600
Thank you for your reply.  Why would a user want to know that it is of
this type?  Just curious....also, how can I disable that icon?
Thank you again Chuck.