[imp] Easy question.

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:03:22 -0600

Quoting Paul Bauer <paul@shorttermwhat.com>:

> When I log into the system I have a banner that says
> "Welcome to Horde"
>
> Where is it that I can change this to my domain or greeting?   I have been
> trying to find it with no luck.
>
> Thank you.
> Paul.

If you want to change the name (e.g. "Welcome to fidonet") then you
can change the "name" field for horde (or IMP if you use that for
logins, depending on versions) in the horde/config/registry.conf file.
But this will also change the name that appears in the Horde menu
bar at the bottom of the screen, and hence may not be desirable.

If you want to change the name only, but not have it change elsewhere,
or if you want to change the whole message, you need to locate the string
"Welcome to %s" in the required login template file (e.g.
horde/imp/templates/login/login.inc) and change the string/argument.

You can change the argument without problem (say, to make it say
"Welcome to fidonet") but if you change the string "Welcome to %s" that
will break localization (if you care about localization) unless you
are willing to also update it in all the .po files (lots of work
unless you speak all the languages!)

--
Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:     eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Fragen Sie nicht was Ihre Kumputer tun koennen,
aber fragen Sie was Sie fur Ihre Kumputer koennen.