problem with login screen with IMP 3.1 RC1 (and horde 2.1 RC1) installed

Jason Keltz jas@cs.yorku.ca
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:49:23 -0500 (EST)

I seem to have found a problem with IMP 3.1 RC1.

I have installed Horde 2.1 RC1, and IMP 3.1 RC1.
I had Horde 2.0 and IMP 3.0 working perfectly fine.

With IMP 3.1 RC1 configured the same was as I had configured IMP 3.0, when
I go to the horde/imp URL, and get the login screen, there's a problem
with the login box.

Instead of getting:

Welcome to Mail
(New user Introduction)

Username
Password
Folder Prefix
Language (default to English)

On the new system, I get:

Welcome to Horde
Username
Password
Language (no default -- says "Select another language:")

Notice the "Welcome to Horde" instead of "Mail".  Notice that there is no
"(New user introduction)", No "Folder Prefix" selection, and the default
language doesn't get set to English.

I have diffed my config files from both versions, and there are no changes
among them.

Yes, the registry entries are set up to autologin with IMP.  If I enter my
username and password, everything else is fine.  If I use the Horde
2.1RC1 along with IMP 3.0, the login box is fine, and the default language
does get set properly.

Jason Keltz
jas@cs.yorku.ca