Warning: Undefined offset: 0 in ldap.php -- perhaps I set my prefs wrong?

Ian Zapczynski ianz@quarterleaf.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:42:51 -0500

Hello all,

I have installed Horde and IMP and am able to log in using LDAP
authentication and I can see my inbox.  However, almost on every page
after login I receive the message:

Warning: Undefined offset: 0 in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde-2.0/lib/Prefs/ldap.php on line 114

I have attempted to configure Horde to store my preferences in LDAP, but
I am not confident I have done so properly, and I wonder if the error
relates to a mistake in those settings.

Below is the appropriate information from horde.php in my horde/
directory:

$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'ldap';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'admin';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'hidden';
$conf['prefs']['params']['basedn'] = 'o=ourbasedn';
$conf['prefs']['params']['uid'] = 'uid';
$conf['prefs']['params']['always_bind'] = 'true';

>From looking at my LDAP log, I see that Horde does bind successfully as
my "admin" user to store preferences, and I see it modifies that entry.
I am curious.... did I misunderstand how to set this up?  It appears to
me that if I log in to IMP as any user in our company, information
specific to that user's mailbox is stored in the uid=admin LDAP entry.
Is this correct?  Or could the error above be related to a mistake in my
preferences here?

If anyone can shed some light on what I may have wrong be it in
horde.php or otherwise, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Ian