[imp] Re: IMP connects twice to POP server

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:01:48 -0500

Quoting Carlton Thomas <carlton@gifford.co.uk>:

> The downside of this mod, is that IMP is less responsive, since it has
> to delay for 2 seconds before every access to the POP server. Talking
> of access to the POP server, wow!!!, why does IMP need to talk to the
> server so often?

Because PHP has no provision for persistant connections to POP and IMAP
servers, so we need to reconnect on every page load in which we need to do
something. This has been discussed in depth on the list in the past,
several times...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity