[imp] (WARNING: LONG) bind several branches in the LDAP tree for authentication

Edward Wildgoose Edward.Wildgoose@FRMHedge.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:15:31 +0100

Thanks.  This is very helpful.

a) If I am using PAM in all of this, do I also need to keep the uid unique in the first 8 characters?
b) for managing 2-4 domains in this way, ie www.freenuke.com and www.paidnuke.com with no subdomain, is it useful to use your ISPMan software?  I get the impression that it is mostly orientated towards delegating control of subdomains, eg www.edward.freenuke.com and be run by me and www.atif.freenuke.com can be run by you?
c) I saw the "vinfo" option mentioned some time ago, can you remind me how it works?  I assume that it just automatically mangles the user name to have user_domain format?

Thanks

(Sorry for the OT post, but I assume that many people are interested in this topic)

{snip)