IMP 3.1: Undefined identities use MY name - Help

Darien Kruss darien@kruss.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:50:24 -0600

As I am deploying Horde 2.0/IMP 3.1 to more users in my organization,
I am noticing a strange behavior and I can't seem to track it down.

If a user creates an identity, or modifies their 'default identity'
then everything works as expected.

If a user logs in to IMP and just composes and sends mail, the mail
is sent with MY name (as it is configured in Red Hat 7.2 shell) and
their email address as the FROM: (Darien Kruss <joe@example.com>)

Here's where I'm confused. None of the processes on the server run as
me. My name doesn't appear in any config or prefs files. All software
installation is done as root. If I change my account name (usermod -c
'New Name' darien) then IMP uses THAT name.

At what point could IMP be reading the name of a user account in
Linux and using it as the sender's name? I'm stumped.

--
    Darien M. Kruss
    darien@kruss.com