What IMAP Server?

Sebastian Kucik kseba@dsslaw.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:24:37 -0500

I have Mandrake Linux 8.1. I want to install qmail so I can use IMP. My =
question is what IMAP server should I use? UW or Curier?
Thanks
Sebastian

Date: Fri,  5 Apr 2002 08:32:48 -0800
From: Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To: imp@lists.horde.org, Oliver <Oliver.Egginger@dvz.fh-giessen.de>
Subject: Re: [imp] Question about LDAP support in IMP

Quoting Oliver <Oliver.Egginger@dvz.fh-giessen.de>:

| Hello,
|
| I'am new to HORDE, IMP and PHP.
| Following the straight documentation setting it up was no problem.
| (HORDE 2.0 / IMP 3.1 RC2 / PHP4.1.1 (as apache module, apache version
| 1.2.23))
| Now I want to save IMPs preferences in a LDAP database, cause
| I'am familiar with LDAP.
|
| But I don't really understand this point yet.
|
| Have I to do this within the horde framework, cause IMPs preferences
| are saved by the use of HORDE sessions ?
| And HORDE itselfs uses PHP sessions, or what,
| so I have to switch the PHP sessions db to LDAP ??
| (I have translated PHP with the OpenLDAP2 libs.)

There is an explanation and example in horde/config/horde.php that will
clarify everything for you.  You will also need to add the schemas found
int horde/scripts/ldap to your slapd.conf file and restart slapd.

There is a minor issue with default prefs that should be fixed shortly.
I have work arounds should you come across them.  They are not really
important just a minor inconvenience:-).  You have probably been seen
some conversation about it on the DEV list.

ed