[imp] How to get from IMP 2.2.7 to 3.0 without loosing mail...

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:28:54 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, imp@Lentner.com and UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTERimp@Lentner.co...:

> Brent thanks for the information, I have been able to get IMP 3.0 and
> Horde running on a LAB machine without issue.

Cool.  Use that lab machine to test converting your users' preferences and
contacts too; it has its own SQL database?  Bring your IMP 2.2.x
production data into the lab machine's SQL database and then test the
scripts and schema format changes against that.

> I'm just afraid of upgrading the HORDE scripts and having it overwrite
> my SQL DB.

The upgrade itself won't touch the database.  There are scripts in
horde/scripts/database imp/scripts/database etc. that have the SQL
schemas; those have to be applied by hand.  Doing that will touch the
database.

> Which SQL scripts under contrib do you suggest I start with

http://www.horde.org/imp/contrib/ -- imp2horde.pl and imp2turba.pl
Those do the database conversion.  This will take a little knowledge and
work on your part to apply them to your particular environment.

> and on a side note do you know the SQL command to dump my SQL DB so I
> have a good backup of the data.

For MySQL, "mysqldump -u root -p horde >horde.sql" with your MySQL root
password should do it (or "-u hordemgr" with your Horde MySQL password).
Make sure you have that before you make any SQL table changes etc.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN / OPN: #horde