[imp] Using new pgp features

Ilya mail@krel.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:58:13 -0400

Since I got it working perfectly , here is what I did:
You need to run Head version of IMP, since this feature is not in stable yet
(afaik).
Make sure you alter your Turba table to contain "object_pgppublickey text"
field.
Of course make sure you update registry.php and config.php, as well as pref.php
and any other files involved ;)

Once that done, there is not really much to setup.
In options go to "pgp preferences", import your private and public key
if you use gpg you would do:
gpg --export-secret-key --armor your_name
gpg --export --armor your_name
and paste that in the according fields. Or if you dont have a key just create
one using IMP. Note that you cannot save you pass-phrase in IMP (very good
idea).So you have to enter it once per session whenever you want to use it.

After that just import others people keys and your own if you want. And enjoy
it. Imp detects if message is signed or encrypted using the headers, and
automatically checks/decrypts when needed. Therefore if the message was created
with broken client and does not contain correct headers, it want be recognized.
I havent checked it with outlook yet, but pretty sure outlook will see IMP
signed/encrypted email s as separate attachments
In compose window if you turned on pgp, there would be new options - Sign,
Encrypt, sing/encrypt.