[imp] Custom login page loses IMP's internal state.

Lloyd Zusman ljz@asfast.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:16:42 -0400

I'm using a very recent CVS version of IMP.

I followed the example for using a custom login page that's given in
`scripts/custom_login.php'.  The user can indeed log in this way, but
once logged in, some of IMP's internal state gets lost.  Specifically,
the preferences for the user are missing, and there might be other state
that is absent, as well.

Therefore, I now believe that this custom login page example is too
simplistic to be of any use, since it doesn't contain enough
functionality to log the user in with full capabilities.

Does anyone know what is missing from `scripts/custom_login.php' that
would indeed allow the user to be logged in with full access to his or
her preferences, and to all other capabilities?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com