[imp] About Multiple Servers Config...

K. k@k.udg.es
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:03:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi to all!

I'm using Horde/imp for a couple of years, full succesfully
and running smoothly, in multiple servers + user addressbook
configuration over MySQL.

Now all is running on standard RedHat 7.2 + php-4.1.0-0horde2 rpm's.

I've tried to upgrade to Horde 2.0 + imp 3.0 + Turba 1.0, and I
found 2 problems wich I can't resolve them, after readed all the
config FAQ's i've found, all config files in Horde, Imp and Turba,
and searched the mail lists.

A few weeks ago, I've tried  Horde 2.1RC2 + imp 3.1RC2 + Turba 1.1RC2
for the possibility to resolve the problems, unsuccesfully.

The 2 main problems, are:

1.- Let's supose horde framework is installed on server1.domain.com.
But I login to imap server on server2.domain.com, then i can't
achieve that the "From" adress on the outgoing mail is user@
server2.domain.com, or in other words, the "from" adress is
exactly user@mail-server-typed-in-login-screen.

2.- When I was using Horde 1.2 + imp 2.2, the adressbook was running
perfect, even when 2 users with same username logs on two diferent
servers. Now, because Turba does not save the server part on owner_id
i've found that two users with same name, which logons on two diferent
servers, they see the same entries on the Adressbook.

Has somebody solved this?

Even with this two little problems, horde+imp looks great
and runs perfect for my needs. Thanks a lot to all developers.

Carles Martinez
Paraglider & Linux Radikal
Besalú
Girona