[imp] how to deal with sendmail starttls and auth?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz@uni-bielefeld.de
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:38:40 +0200

Hi,

> Is there any reason to require SMTP-auth when connecting from localhost?

No, both for AUTH and STARTTLS.

> I thought the whole point of SMTP-auth was to be able to allow relaying by
> non-local hosts without either being an open relay or using one of the
> SMTP-after-POP utilities.

You are totally right in this. But what would be the way to avoid running a
second sendmail daemon only listening on 127.0.0.1?

#--snipp

>  Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
>  System Administrator        |  therefore you are
>  Atlantic Net                |

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz
Enger, Germany

PGP fingerprint: 2307 88FD 2D41 038E 7416  14CD E197 6E88 ED69 5653
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999