[imp] problems with reinstall horde, imp, etc

Bryan Schenker brschenker@yahoo.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

my email server's hard drive crashed. I had redhat 7.1--but on a new hard drive I installed redhat 7.2.

I installed all the necessary RPM's for Redhat 7.2 as listed in the readme file on the horde ftp site.

I then copied the config files from a backup of my old hard drive--and since everything was working perfect on my old installation, I figured I should be ok. So here is what happens: on the login page for horde, my menu with icons for mail, etc shows up fine, but the login page does not display. My browser reports that the page cannot be displayed. When I change horde's registry.php file to make horde and not imp my authenticating program, I can log in just fine. My calendar events show up on my home page, but when I click on the "log in to mail' I get the same 'page cannot be displayed' problem. If i click on any of my menu items, i get the same 'page cannot be displayed' problem. I can however click on a calendar event and get to kronolith that way.

I ran the test.php page and everything was reported to be set up ok for horde to work. There seems to be some problems witht the menu links. Here is the link for mail:

(my web page)/horde/imp/?Horde=a23f5f44fbd62bbfc386bf64f03da67d

I would think that there should be a file name in front of the '?' for my browser to know what to do with it. I tried reentering my configs using the *.dist files, but I still get the same problems.

Has anyone seen this problem, and does anyone have suggestions? I've looked at the logs for apache, mysql, and horde and have found nothing, and my imap server is working just fine.

Thanks for any help anyone might give,

Bryan

<P>my email server's hard drive crashed. I had&nbsp;redhat 7.1--but on a new hard drive I installed redhat 7.2.</P>
<P>I installed all the necessary RPM's for Redhat 7.2 as listed in the readme file on the horde ftp site.</P>
<P>I then copied the config files from a backup of my old hard drive--and since everything was working perfect on my old installation, I figured I should be ok. So here is what happens: on the login page for horde, my menu with icons for mail, etc shows up fine, but the login page does not display. My browser reports that the page cannot be displayed. When I change horde's registry.php file to make horde and not imp my authenticating program, I can log in just fine. My calendar events show up on my home page, but when I click on the "log in to mail' I get the same 'page cannot be displayed' problem. If i click on any of my menu items, i get the same 'page cannot be displayed' problem. I can however click on a calendar event and get to kronolith that way.</P>
<P>I ran the test.php page and everything was reported to be set up ok for horde to work. There seems to be some problems witht the menu links. Here is the link for mail:</P>
<P>(my web page)/horde/imp/?Horde=a23f5f44fbd62bbfc386bf64f03da67d</P>
<P>I would think that there should be a file name in front of the '?' for my browser to know what to do with it. I tried reentering my configs using the *.dist files, but I still get the same problems.</P>
<P>Has anyone seen this problem, and does anyone have suggestions? I've looked at the logs for apache, mysql, and horde and have found nothing, and my imap server is working just fine. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Thanks for any help anyone might give,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>