[imp] DB Connection Handle Consumption

Sexton, George gsexton@mhsoftware.com
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:18:43 -0600

I just completed a new install of Horde, Turba, Kronolith, and IMP. All
version are the latest release candidates. I am using Postgresql for the
back-end for the address book, horde preferences, and calendar.

I have noticed that Horde seems to be establishing database connection
handles and a) not freeing them, and b) not re-using them.

Can someone tell me if this is normal behavior? I had a couple of users on
and it maxed out my servers connection pool. I reset it to higher, but this
is not a good solution.

Also, from looking at the code, does Horde/IMP keep a connection open to the
database for each user session?

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585